It’s funny, this blogging thing. I am sat at in front of my beloved Mac, typing out words that I have formed in my head and the whole experience feels very personal and actually, quite private. I am of course conscious that this will move beyond the realms of my tangible day to day life, but you don’t really comprehend the limitless nature of the internet until people start popping round, saying hi, cheerio, howdy and well done. You see your images at other places (with due credit, may I add!), folk interested in what you are saying, showing, cooking. Having your little, cyber place on their blogroll. It’s thrilling and humbling at the same time.
So when I get a wee award like this from one of those bloggers, whose work I enjoy, it’s nothing short of lovely – the kind that stitches the grin into your face. Now, if one weren’t enough, Heather was mad enough to give me another! Bless her, she has created a monster!
The Liebster Award is for blogs with 200 odd subscribers (I have tried to track it down to where it started but its like trying to find the needle in a haystack!). Both these awards are given by one blogger to another. Isn’t that a great idea? Pass it forward. It comes from the wittily wonderful Heather at Sugar Dish Me. This lass is sassy and a mean cook to boot. I’ve been following her excellent blog for a while now and always chuckle reading her posts and dream away reading her recipes. And this girl means it when she says that there are rules of etiquette for grocery shopping.
The best part of the award is that I get to bestow the same to another five blogs (foodie or otherwise). And I can’t wait to do that, so here they are
Big Sis, Little Dish – Two sisters, two very individual persons and palates, one fabulous, inspiring blog. I love this site!
La Bonne Bouche – Such elegant plates of food…I wish my Sole Meuniere looked like that!
Better Late – She is as witty as she is clever with her words. This woman can write and versatility must be attributed to her blog considering her range of topics as well as the writing form. It’s a very new blog, but I was hooked from the start!
Jo Blogs, Jo Bakes – Title says it all, and Jo has the energetic appeal of Tigger! And some serious kitchen skills.
At Anna’s Kitchen Table – Honest to goodness, heartwarming, belly filling, real deal Cypriot food.
So ladies, these are the rules.
1. Copy and paste the award on our blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who gave you the award.
3. Pick your five favorite blogs with less than 200 followers, and leave a comment on their blog to let them know they have received the award.
4. Hope that the five blogs chosen will keep spreading the love and pass it on to five more blogs!
The rules for this award require that I:
1. Send a huge thankyou to Heather @ Sugar Dish Me for passing on the prize
2. Share 7 things about myself
3. Pass the award on to 7 bloggers that I enjoy
4. Contact the nominated bloggers and let them know I love their work!
The joyous part…
Eat, Little Bird – I am fortunate enough to call Thanh a friend. Her photos are absolutely beautiful, her charm shines through the posts.
The Flourishing Foodie – I came across this cracker of a site via Eat, Little Bird a few days ago and its filled with gorgeous photos and lovely recipes. And I am very covetous of her wooden cake stand.
The Little Loaf – The range of things you can do with yeast, flour and water is wonderfully explored in this blog. Puddings are thrown in for great measure.
Sweet Mabel – Now this lovely has a bit of everything; food, craft, home decor and everything in between. It is as she says, sweet.
Carol-Anne’s Kitchen – This Irish settler in the lovely city of Perth, Australia, writes with open honesty and has some utterly tempting recipes.
Brian Jones Photography – Besides having some serious skills with a camera, this man made an extraordinary decision with his wife, to leave all behind in the UK and live the smallholder’s, self-sufficient life in rural Hungary. I admire them immensely, in the full knowledge that I would never be able to do such a thing voluntarily! His experiences are hilarious and yet, you cheer him on. Or at least, I do.
The harder part…Seven things about me…eh…..
1. My middle name is Mitchelle. Yes, that’s the ‘correct’ spelling. I would like to hunt down the man that put this on my Indian birth certificate.
2. I bite my nails. Badly.
3. I love Paper-cutting.
4. I have some weird, unnamed, addiction to fabulously designed packaging. I, am the person, that media companies target and suck in by slick logos, fancy shaped bottles and clever taglines.
5. I love classic literature. And collect old books. I am thrilled if they have a little dedication inside. I don’t care that it devalues the book. I am sharing a forgotten moment in someone’s life.
6. I adore animated movies. Yes, Disney too. How can you not groooooove with Baloo??
7. And the last is a contribution from my ever defeated husband – I’m messy. Nuff said.
Pass it on ladies…….
And to all the subscribers, followers, readers, browsers and commenters on my blog, I thank you.